Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hiking around the Lake District

So I didn't get the chance to post yesterday because the internet is not the best at the hotel where I am currently staying but it is a nice hotel. Yesterday we got on the bus and came to the Lake District. Our big study abroad group was then split up into three groups and my group was sent on the "long hike" first. It was quite a long hike and it was also quite steep with lots of rocks that kind of made me feel like a mountain goat. The views though on the hike were beautiful and took some nice pictures which I will post below. After the hike we cleaned up quickly and then went to dinner at a restaurant near Wordsworth's cottage where we had a traditional English meal that was pretty good and we had a reading from the poet in residence at the Wordsworth cottage. After this I walked around the town for a little bit and watched the beautiful sunset by the dock of the lake before heading to bed. This morning I woke up and had a lovely breakfast and then went on the "short hike" with my group. It was an enjoyable hike and definitely not as hard as the other hike. When I got back I had some lunch that I bought at Tescos and then I spent some time doing homework and washing some of my clothes in the sink. I brought more sweaters than I needed and not enough short sleeves shirts on our traveling part because I thought it would be colder but it has hardly rained since we have been out of London. Now I've got to get some more homework done so TTFN!

 Beautiful views from the hike

 Elizabeth and I hiking!

 Beautiful view!

Pretty bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment