Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shakespeare, Gardens, Hiking, Temple, etc.

So I didn't blog yesterday because I got back from a hike and I just fell asleep right away. So yesterday we started out by heading to Statford upon Avon which was the birthplace of Shakespeare. We first saw the house he was born in, then Anne Hathaway's house, and then we went to a Tudor farm where I got to hold a really big bird called an Eagle owl. It was awesome and the farm was pretty adorable too. After the farm we went back to the hotel and those of us who wanted to grabbed stuff for an eight  mile hike. I chose to go on the hike and there were lots of beautiful views which included lots of rolling hills. When I got home from the hike I was so tired that I feel asleep on top of my bed for an hour with my shoes still on and then I woke up and actually got ready for bed. Today we started out going to hidcote gardens which some pretty gardens nearby. Then we got on the bus and traveled for quite a while until we got to Preston where we did baptisms at the temple. The temple was beautiful and it is fun to add that temple to my list of temples I have been to. After this we got back on the bus and headed to our new hotel to get food and head in for the night. TTFN!

 Shakespeare's Birthplace

 Anne Hathaway's House

 Holding an eagle owl 

 Beautiful view from the hike we went on 

 Creative sign we found in the town at the end of our hike 

 In Hidcote Gardens

The Preston Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment