Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bath and Prior Park

So I didn't get much sleep last night due to the crazy drunk people in and around the hostel I was at but I got ready for the day and when I met up with our groups my professor told me that he was sorry and that we weren't supposed to be in a hostel so they moved us into a hotel and it is soo much nicer here than it was there. My bed is so cozy and clean and I don't think I have really ever appreciated a hotel room as much as I appreciate this one right now. Anyways, we started off going to the roman baths and exploring those. I tried a little bit of the water that is supposed to be "healing" and it just tasted warm and mineral-y to me. After the Baths we went and got some lunch from a nearby super market and then we explore that Abbey at Bath. Then I packed up my stuff from the hostel to move it to the new hotel and we got on a bus to Prior Park. It is another beautiful estate that has been preserved kind of like Stourhead that we went to the other day. There were lots of beautiful views and we spent a while there. After this we got back on the bus back to Bath where we got dinner and then some ice cream for dessert. After that I went to my new hotel, had a dance party with some of the girls now and now I am heading to bed. TTFN!

 The Roman Baths in Bath


 The crescent of apartments in Bath

 A house where Jane Austen stayed in Bath

 Prior Park


No comments:

Post a Comment