Friday, May 31, 2013

Stonehenge, Stourhead, Bath, and Hostels...

So today started our with getting breakfast and then loading half of our stuff on to a bus and stacking half of it up in a room at the London center. Once we got on the bus we headed towards Stonehenge. It was really cool to see stonehenge and it almost felt like it wasn't real. My friend Elizabeth and I geeked out a little bit about the doctor who episode that happens at Stonehenge, we took lots of pictures, I got a fun pin and we got back on the road. This time we stopped at Stourhead. Which is an estate with a house and a very large garden. It is kind of like what you would imagine for a Jane Austen  movie and part of the Kiera Knightley version of Pride and Predjudice was filmed there. My friends and I had fun remembering this moment of the movie. It is the moment when it is raining and Mr. Darcy proposes and Elizabeth turns him down. Anyways Stourhead had lots of gorgeous views and it was kind of crazy to realize that the whole thing had been arrange to look natural and like it did. After Stourhead we got back on the bus and headed towards bath. At bath we got split up to travel to our various hotels or hostels as it might be. I have never stayed in a hostel before so this is an interesting experience for me. I have my own room while the rest of the girls in our group here are sharing rooms.  We are staying here in bath for two nights so it will be an interesting experience for me. Maybe I will be lucky and I will get a hotel next time. Oh also the Hostel I am staying at is kind of connected to a pub which my friend informs me originally meant public house so they would sometimes have accomidations there. Anyways, after dropping my stuff off at my room I went out to dinner at Nando's with my friends and then we went to see The Great Gatsby at a theater here. It was interesting, there were parts of it that I liked and parts of it that I didn't. Now I am back in my room and I think I will try to get some sleep now. Hopefully the drunk people on the streets won't be too loud. TTFN!

 Just chilling out by stonehenge



 Our made-up doctor who gang signs in front of Stonehenge

 Pretty scenes from Stourhead



 Just hanging out at Stourhead




 Where the Pride and Prejudice scene took place


 I switched coats with Sam (our professor's son), don't we look awesome?

 Pictures of my little room in the hostel/pub

No comments:

Post a Comment