Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day!

So first of all happy Mother's Day, to my mom and my grandma and all of the other wonderful mothers out there. Today I woke up and got ready for going to the right church this time since I was actually aware of the correct time to be ready this Sunday. We took the tube and then we had to take a train out to our ward. The ward doesn't have a chapel so we actually meet in a primary school which is like an elementary school in England. It was a very small ward so it is a lot different from church back in Utah but it was a really cool experience anyways. I was supposed to help out with the young women but there weren't any young women today so I just helped out in primary for opening exercises and then we were going to teach a lesson for two of the little boys but then their family had to leave to get somewhere so we ended up just going to relief society. It is very different to be a ward with a lot of new converts. Oh also, on the way to church I wore my heels and as I was walking up the stairs out of the train station the stairs attack my heel and the little thing on the bottom of my heel fell off so I will have to find some super glue here to repair it. Fortunately I had put some flats in my purse just in case so I wore those for the rest of the day. After church I came back and had a snack and then read for a little bit before taking a quick nap for a dinner. Dinner was ribs, zucchini, curly fries, and a really yummy cream puff covered in chocolate for dessert. After dinner I skyped with my family for a while and now I have been doing some sketching but I think I will head to bed pretty soon here. Oh and grandma I saw your email and TTFN means Ta Ta For Now. It's from Winnie the Pooh I am pretty sure. Well TTFN!

Also here are some pictures from yesterday that I had trouble posting:

 My delicious Thai food from Thai square that I ate for lunch

 In front of the British Museum, deja vu from last time!

 The awesome Assyrian gates

 Easter Island StatueBeautf

 Beautiful Japanese art from the British Museum

Cool Buddha statue from the British Museum that I sketched for an assignment


No comments:

Post a Comment