Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hampton Court and Warhorse

Today I started off with eating breakfast and packing up for Hampton Court. We took the tube and then the train over to Hampton Court and as I entered the area I started remembering from when I came back in 2008 with my family. It is a beautiful place. I started off looking around with my friends on the inside, hoping that it would get warmer outside. They had information about when Henry VIII used to live there and his life as well as an exhibit on the royal bedchamber throughout the ages and it's significance at different times throughout history. Outside the grounds we beautiful and we wandered around them for a while exploring all the different gardens. I took this time to take some pictures similar to the ones I had from the last time I had been there. Overall Hampton Court was beautiful and my friends and I felt like we should have been walking around the grounds in nice period appropriate dresses. After Hampton court my friends and I went and grabbed some pizza for lunch at a nearby place and then headed back to the London centre. I went and took a nap because I was quite tired and I didn't wake up until it was about time to go to the play Warhorse as a big group. On the way to the play I discovered crispy m&ms which I havent seen in forever in a little shop so I grabbed some. The show itself was quite amazing. The horses and other animals were especially amazing. They felt so life like despite the people standing in them or next to them moving. It was a quite touching story and there was one point when my dear dramatic friends next to me were so distressed by what was happening on stage that one said "NO!" and the other slightly melodramatic one exclaimed "I am going to kill myself" clearly they had become quite attached to the horse and I found their insincere yet sincere concern for the horses life to be quite amusing but it was a beautiful play that talked about WWI in a very interesting and moving way. It made me want to see the movie of the same story that came out not too long ago so I will have to check that out when I get home. After the play I grabbed a sandwich with my friends from Tesco and now I am scrambling to finish up some reading for class tomorrow. TTFN! 

 Hampton Court! (I know we took a picture by a fountain last time but this doesn't seem like the same fountain to me. 

 Beautiful flowers in the gardens



 Recreating a photo memory from last time, isn't posing like statues fun?

 Beautiful golden arch, another memory from last time

 In front of the WarHorse theater

I found crispy m&ms!

2 comments:

  1. Was the pizza place that fancy one across the way that we tried to go there last time? Also I love the trip down memory lane! Greg wants crispy m&ms too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it was the same pizza one. It was kind of a nice pizza place but it was called pizza express which really doesn't make sense to me. Ok I will try to find the crispy M&Ms again for Greg!

    ReplyDelete