Saturday, May 18, 2013

Les Miserables!

Today we started out by going to a nearby cafe and getting a close to traditional english breakfast. It was a very hearty breakfast and although I discovered I don't really like my eggs sunny side up, I really enjoyed the meal. After this we went first to the Wallace collection which was pretty cool and had a lot of nice gathered up art. I actually thought it was quite fun just to stroll through the rooms of the house and imagine what it would have been like to live in that time period. After the wallace collection we went to a modern art exhibit also required for our class. The exhibit was quite hard to understand at least for me but we got the museum done and moved on to the Tate Modern. This museum also had things that were hard to grasp but I also did find paintings I really enjoyed such as Manet's water lilies. After these museums, I picked up my ticket for Les Mis and then we went and got some pizza for dinner. After dinner I headed off to the play with some others and went to my wonderful seat right behind the conductor. I got the seat for a better deal because the directors head was right in front of me and somewhat in the way but I thought the sitting space was perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole play and I cried during Bring Him Home and the end song. It was a life changing moment and definitely money well spent. Well I have to get to bed now for church tomorrow. TTFN!
 Interesting surrealist art

 Walking past St. Paul's

 The stage!

 Front row seat at Les Mis!


 My view, the conductors head was only slightly in my way

 View into the orchestra pit


Everything all lit up after the musical

No comments:

Post a Comment