Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday in London

So today was a wonderful but a little bit crazy day. I was awakened this morning by one of the people in the group that I am supposed to go to church with telling me that our church was actually at 10 instead of at 1 as we had previously thought and that we had to leave in like 5 minutes. So I rushed to get ready but by the time I had gotten ready the group had already left so I just decided to go with a different ward. So I sat around and got myself ready a little better ready and then did some reading and sketching. While I was reading the fire alarm went off and there was craziness in the centre because there were only students left at the center and we had no idea how to stop it. We discovered that it had been triggered by a blowdryer which exploded in my room when some girl tried to use it and sparks had flown on to the floor. Fortunately there was no real fire but now all the plugs in our room no longer work so I have to charge everything downstairs now. So one of the guys figured out how to turn off the really loud fire alarm and we called the professors at church and let them know what had happened. So I went with a different group to a different ward and we took the tube. While we were sitting on the tube we stopped and the advertisement behind the lady sitting across from me but the part I could read said "What are you doing here, of all the places you could be?". It was kind of crazy because I had just been thinking about that and what I am doing here in London, so basically the London underground was talking to me. Anyways, we got a little lost on the way there but we did finally make it after asking some nice locals for directions and then we ran into some sister missionaries on the way there. The ward was a great mixture of people and they were all really friendly. Also there were quite a few Elders there and one of the girls in my group from BYU was quite taken with a Elder from London but is quite dismayed because he is on a mission and we cannot date while we are here so the possibility is doubly impossible. Still it was amusing to watch her enthusiasm. After church we headed back and we almost missed the last tube because it was closed after that for some problems on the line but we made it back and waited around for a little bit talking until it was time for dinner. Dinner was a delicious chicken, asparagus and pasta which I greatly enjoyed and we had a nice chocolate mouse dessert thing. After dinner we had a fireside where this guy who has lived in London all of his life came and talked to us about what it was like in war times when he was young in England during the bombing and other things. It was really interesting and he also showed us this amusing explanation of the English sport cricket which I will post in a picture below. After this I facetimed with my family for a while and got to hear about their week. It is really crazy busy here in London and we are doing things constantly but I am really enjoying it. I have a lot of homework to do tomorrow but hopefully I will still be able to get some fun London stuff in too. TTFN!
 Riding the tube to church!

 Cricket rules explained

 Sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment