Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Adventures

So today I woke up a little late so I raced to get ready and grab breakfast before we had to head out the door. We caught the train we needed to get to church just in time and all got nicely settled into the train. Unfortunately for us we got a little too nicely settled on to the train and we didn't notice we had come to our stop until one girl looked up and noticed it. This was problematic because despite our hurry only half of us were able to get off the train at the stop before the doors closed. So I made it off the train but the other half of our group was forced to go to the next stop and then get off and wait for the next train to come to take them back. Fortunately we had planned time to hopefully make us early to church so we were all able to make it there on time. Once we were separated though we realized quite how inconvenient it is not to have working phones. We kind of just had to assume what was the most logical thing to do that the other half of us would probably do. Anyways we all made it to church on time and church was great. I must admit there are definitely different experiences you have in a newer ward than you do with a quite old ward like one in Utah. Very different discussions are brought up and things that seem natural to me are still getting organized. But it has definitely been a wonderful experience to attend that ward and now our time there is over since next week on Sunday we will be traveling around the English countryside. We leave London on Friday and I am definitely having bitter sweet feelings about it. I love being in London and I think I have finally gotten used to it but I am also looking forward to the other traveling we will be doing. So after I got back from church I had a snack and talked with friends and then watched the Young Victoria movie on netflix before I had to go help with dinner. Dinner was meat pies which I wasn't sure if I would like but I actually really loved them. Dinner clean up took a while and then it was time for the talent show. My friend and I (two pound note, read below for more description) sang Falling Slowly from the musical once while one of the professors kids played the guitar and another student played the piano. It was pretty fun and some one recorded it so I will have to find that recording so everyone can hear it. Lots of people in our group performed funny things for the talent show and it was quite an enjoyable experience. After this we watched a video as a group that was called something like "Lakes and Tides" which was this documentary like thing about a guy who does nature art. It was kind of cool but also kind of boring after awhile but there was popcorn provided so that did help. After this I attempted to facetime with my family which didn't work out too well but still it was nice to see them for a little bit. Now I am heading to bed so I can get lots done tomorrow. Sorry I don't have any pictures for today. I will try to maybe get some pictures from the talent show for tomorrow. TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment