Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gardens, Movies, Food, Laundry, Craziness!

So today we had our road trip with a coach bus. The day started off pretty well and we got to the first garden, Sissinghurst with little problem. It was a pretty garden but also a pretty small one. We ate some food there and then got back on the bus. On the way to our next stop which was Darwin's house we had a lot of trouble. I think the bus driver got a little lost and then we had to do a U turn and go down really narrow roads and there was lots of jerkiness so it was an uncomfortable ride. Darwin's house was pretty cool. It was interesting to learn more about him. Some cool things I learned about him were that he made a pretty legit stair slide for his kids and he made a pro/con list to see if he should get married. After darwin's house we got back on the bus and headed back to the center. When we got to the center I immediately left with my friends to go get food at this Portuguese place nearby that is called Nando's. It was delicious food! I got the medium spicy saucy on my chicken pita and it was delicious. I even tried a little bit of their extra hot sauce and it was pretty good too. After dinner we got some fat free fro yo and headed back to the center where did homework and watched some Audrey Hepburn movies. Now I am just waiting for my laundry to be done before I go to bed. It has been a little crazy doing laundry here since everyone wants to get their laundry done right before we leave on our little two week traveling time. Well TTFN!

 My hair is getting so long here that I can put it into a bun

 Pretty view of some of Sissinghurst from the top of the tower in the gardens

 My friends asleep on the bus before the crazy bus driving started happening, this is usually what most of us end up doing whenever we are on the buses

Me in front of the greenhouse at darwin's house

No comments:

Post a Comment