Monday, May 13, 2013

What Dreams Are Made Of!

Today we had class in the morning and I woke up a little bit late so I ended up just braiding my hair. In Humanities class we talked about idealistic nature pictures versus more realistic nature pictures and about the novel To the Lighthouse which I finally finished reading today. In art class we talked for a bit about the opera La Boheme that we went to see and then we worked on sketching for a bit. After class I went and got a scrumptious little orange and chocolate cake from the nearby bakery and then I went to the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery to get a couple assignments done which involved some sketching. I was looking at a painting by Cezanne and sketching in when I realized that even though I was doing homework what I am doing was pretty awesome. I mean artists all over the world dream of looking at artwork in real life from artists like Cezanne and Van Gogh and there I was enjoying that wonderful opportunity. I am really lucky to be here and learning all that I am. This is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I am so glad that I had the chance to take it. After the galleries we went back and ate dinner which was hamburgers and some brazilian meat which was pretty good. After dinner I went running with some friends in hyde park and we helped another tourist from some where else in Europe find speaker's corner. It is such a wonderful opportunity to be here and I think I am starting to take that for granted as I am getting used to just walking around the streets of London and taking the tube every day. I am so grateful to be here and I hope to take as much advantage of it as possible! TTFN! 

 My beautiful Orange Chocolate Cake!

 Yummy Yummy Cake makes me so happy!

 Buddha statue I sketched from the British Museum

 Flower Sketches


 Sketch of my foot

 Sketch of Old Woman painting by Cezanne


 Sketch of old professor from National Portrait Gallery

Sketch of woman from National Portrait Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment