Friday, May 24, 2013

Two Pound Note

Today started out with breakfast of course but I had to get breakfast ready and cleaned up for everyone this time since I am on the meal crew. After this I got ready and went on the last assignment walk for my London walks class with my friends. We walked past big ben, downing street, buckingham palace and lots of other cool historic things on this walk and we picked up some hot chocolate since it was quite cold and rainy today. After the walk we grabbed a sandwich meal deal from tesco and went back to the centre to eat it. At the center my friend and I started formulating plans for our future accapella group which currently just consists of the two of us but our group name is now Two Pound Note. Its note like notes that we sing and a note that you pay with like a bill and two because there are two of us and there is no such thing as a two pound note (although I think it would be convenient considering all the 2 pound coins I end up carrying around). We have been singing And so it Goes by Billy Joel and Falling Slowly which is sung in the play Once in harmonies around the centre and I think we actually sound pretty good we may perform one of them for the talent show we might be having next sunday at the centre. After singing around and trying to find more  song harmonies with my friend we went over to portabello road to do some shopping. We both made some great purchases I think and then I had to get back for dinner duty. They have a very ineffective method of cleaning the dishes currently at the centre so hopefully they will fix that when they renovate the center which they are doing after our group leaves. I feel like we just got to the centre and already in a week we will be packing up to travel around England. After dinner I worked on my essay some and watched a movie on my computer. Well TTFN! 

 Great view of Big Ben

 London Eye

 Downing street, home of the prime minister

 In front of Buckingham Palace

Our acapella group name and symbol, can you see the 2 and the pound symbol?

No comments:

Post a Comment