Saturday, May 11, 2013

Museums and Art

Today I spent most of my time at museums. We showed up a little early before the museums were open so we first did a walk for our London walks class which lead us into this beautiful catholic church and to a nearby statue of Cardinal Newman who wrote the hymn "Lead Kindly Light" and who had a great influence on British education. After walking around, we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum which had a wide array of art which I greatly enjoyed. Some of my favorite art pieces were: a beautiful metalwork of a red leaf, a statue of St. George and the dragon, and the fashion exhibit. After the V and A Museum we headed over to the natural history museum and the entrance we went into had a really cool display that almost looked sci fi-ish with statues of Medusa and other mythical creatures which reminded me of Percy Jackson. It was a cool museum with lots of information about the natural world including our own bodies. After this museum we headed to lunch. We wandered around for a little bit and eventually decided to try out a random spot we found called Thai Square which ended up being delicious. Then we stopped by at the creperie I went to before and got crepes. After this we headed over to the British Museum which was one of my favorite stops last time I came to London with my family. I got excited as I came back and remembered how excited I had been the last time I was there. I looked around for a little bit but around this time I started feeling really tired so I decided to return home and save more of exploring the British Museum for another day. When I came home I crashed and took a nap for a couple of hours. I think maybe I just had a bad allergy attack or I am coming down with a cold or something because I have been sneezy and my throat is sore. Anyways I woke up from my nap and got some homework done for my classes and now I think I will head to bed so I can hopefully get over whatever is bothering me. TTFN!

 The outside of the Natural History Museum

 Cyclops and Medusa in the Natural History Museum


 Going into the heart of the earth up the awesome escalator in the Natural History Museum

 Huge dinosaur at the front of the Natural History Museum

 Look at the crazy Sci-fi like entrance into the exhibit

 Beautiful piece of metal that made me catch my breath

 Pieces of clothing I enjoyed from the fashion exhibit at the V&A Museum


 Outside of the beautiful catholic church we stopped into

 Statue of Cardinal Newman

 St. George and the Dragon Statue


Beautiful piece of Chihully art at the heart of the V&A Museum
I really enjoyed his artwork that I saw in Seattle

1 comment:

  1. Love that you saw the Chihully glass piece all the way across the world!

    ReplyDelete