Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Singing in the Rain!

 I LOVE Singing in the Rain! The musical, the movie and literally singing in the rain. Anyways today started out with humanities class in the morning where we finished up our discussion about the novel To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf and talked about sublime vs. picturesque art. After class we went to the box office for Singing in the Rain and bought some day of tickets that were four rows back with a somewhat restricted view but they were still great for me. After this I went with my friend to the V&A museum because she still had to do a homework assignment related to that class and I just figured I would enjoy the museum some more. After the museum we decided to try and find a certain time traveling vehicle and what do you know there was the Tardis right outside the Earl's court tube stop! We saw the doctor too but he said would couldn't get any pictures with him because it would rip a hole in the space-time continuum or something else messy with all the timey whimey stuff but who knows the Tardis might still be there if you go look! After our Doctor Who experience I went to tescos to get some snacks for tomorrow and Boots to see if I could find some throat lozenges because my throat has been bothering me with this cold I have. Anyways I found throat lozenges but they didn't have any mint and the main flavor was black currant. Apparently, the British are really into the black currant flavor but I had never tried it before so I  just went with the lemon and honey. Also I took a picture of some of my favorite treats below that I got at tescos. Oh also we stopped at a cookie place too where I got a chocolate and orange cookie. I guess I am just into chocolate and orange things lately. Anyways we got back and I did some efy prep stuff, ate dinner, and went back out to go see Singing in the Rain which was AMAZING! I had a thoroughly enjoyable time watching it and they even had it rain on stage. When I got home I finished up an assignment for class and now I think I will head off to bed. TTFN!

 The moment has finally come to see Singing in the Rain!

 Jumping for joy!



 Yummy chocolate and orange cookie!

 The Tardis! Hooray for Doctor Who!




My favorite London treats
Pain au chocolat - basically croissant with chocolate in the middle
Galaxy Milk chocolate cookie crumble - kind of like cookies and cream bars but with milk chocolate instead of white chocolate
Corner - yogurt with something in the corner to dump into the yogurt. This one is my favorite with the banana yogurt and the little things to dump in that are kind of like coco pebbles

No comments:

Post a Comment