Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I MADE IT!

It has been a crazy ride to get here but I am finally all nice and set up in my cozy little bottom bunk in London. Yesterday was a pretty short day for me and I spent most of the time on the plane. It was hard to sleep on the plane, especially since people around me kept turning on their way to bright reading lights but the flight was pretty empty so I was able to take up two seats to try and sleep on. When we arrived in London my phone which is supposedly able to work over here in the UK was not working so I was not able to text my parents or whatever to tell them that I had made it safely to London. Then everyone one on my flight that was in my same study abroad group had all booked before hand for them to all take a shuttle together so my parents had arranged for me to get a ride on my own through another shuttle service. Unfortunately for me when I arrived at the shuttle station no one was there. I was sitting around worried when finally an Indian man and his daughter came up to the same shuttle station. So the Indian man went and found someone and then in a little while someone showed up to help us about 15 minutes later. The guy who did show up did mumble something about an employee showing up. Anyways I finally get on the bus about an hour after I was supposed to. I was calmly sitting on the shuttle bus and then the bus driver said it was my stop. It didn't seem quite right and so I reconfirmed it with him and he said this was this place. So I grab my stuff and start walking around to figure out where exactly it is and I suddenly realize I am not in the right place at all. I try to use my maps and things on my phone to figure out where I am but my phone isn't really functioning correctly. Finally I look across down the street and there is a park which I determine to be hyde park. Fortunately from looking it up before I know that where I need to be is near hyde park so I finally find a map near hyde park and I determine that where I need to be is on the opposite side of hyde park than I was on before so I hike with all of my luggage across hyde park and down a couple streets where I finally reach my destination. So it was crazy getting here but I am feeling pretty comfy in my little spot now and I am just trying to stay awake and beat the jetlag!
 So excited that I made it!

My little lower bunk space!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you made it! I'm sorry it was an adventure, but isn't it always for us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing this on your blog and seeing you settled in! Adventures make great stories off the future. I'm working on figuring out your phone. I love you!

    ReplyDelete